Fortnite two-factor-authentication or shortly known as Fortnite 2fa is a method used to increase an Epic Games account’s security. It works simple and requires little to no effort to enable it. There are two main ways to enable 2fa, the first and the most common one being via an e-mail and the other one is through an Authenticator App like the ones listed below.
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Google Authenticator
- LastPass Authenticator
There is literally no difference of these apps from one and another so it’s completely up to you to choose but we recommend Google Authenticator because of its simple user interface. To enable 2fa Fortnite by using an app, do the followings.
- Log in to your Epic Games account.
- Click on the Password & Security tab from the left menu.
- Scroll down till you get to 2FA and choose Enable 2fa Authenticator App.
- Download the preferred Authenticator app on your phone.
- Scan the QR code and verify yourself with the 6-digit code.
Once you complete these tasks, it means that you’ve successfully enabled 2fa on your Fortnite account. After this, you will be asked for a 2fa verification code whenever you’re logging in to your account from a new device or after not being logged into your account for more than 30 days. Visit the Fortnite 2FA front page to learn more by reading our guides!